Friday, December 5, 2008

Thanksgiving Cake Challenge!!!

No, I'm not talking about FoodNetwork, just a personal challenge for myself with all the cakes I had around this holiday! It was Turkey Day vs. Game Day with a wedding to boot! I ended up doing 6 cakes (including a 3 tier wedding cake) between Tuesday and Saturday of Thanksgiving week. One simple round cake with fresh flowers arranged on it that I don't have a picture of, 2 huge Clemson paws, a Clemson football field, one "Family Divided", and of course the wedding cake. Not to mention the 80-something fondant roses I had to do that took days to make! All this with Turkey Day and Black Friday right in the middle...and ya'll know I shop till I drop on that day!!!! With a lot of planning, and my sister cooking the entire Thanksgiving dinner without my help, it was all done without too many struggles for time...thank God!! Pictures to follow in next posts!

No comments: